Friday, April 20, 2012

Joker


I literally just finished reading the graphic novel Joker, which I got at the comic book store downtown a couple days ago. I was actually intending to get the next Y: The Last Man book (I've only read the first two), but they didn't have it in. Kinda glad I got this one instead, though.  It was very interesting. It was told from the perspective of one of his henchmen just after he is released from Arkham Asylum. I loved the different view point; just about every other Gotham story is from that his perspective, Batman's.  He was barely in this story at all, until the very end. It was still a wonderful take on it, the author did a good job of getting the Joker's personality down, and of some of the other well-known Gotham villains (Harvey Dent for one). I'll definitely have to read it again. Often I have to read the same page a couple times because the first time around I don't get the right context without looking at what's actually happening. I guess I got too used to reading just text from all those years in middle school pouring over novels from the library. I'm getting better at it, though.
I loved Harley Quinn in this picture; I loved this whole scene, actually, with the Riddler and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment