Friday, April 13, 2012

Movies and Macrophotography

Finally saw the American version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo today. They didn't fuck it up like I thought they would, which was quite nice. Although they ended it a bit different than the Swedish version and the book (with Harriet living out of the country and all), but otherwise I thought it owned up pretty well. I feel like I'd still rather see the Swedish one, though. Something about the way American movies are filmed....especially that type of action-y drama, it's so....standardized.

Hah! Mugshot.
I recently watched a movie called Mesrine: Killer Instinct, which was way different than any American movie I've seen in a while (I think it's French, given it's about a French guy and it's all subtitled and what not). It kicks Dragon Tattoo's butt as far as filmmaking goes, in my opinion. It's on Netflix Instant Watch. Check it out. The split screen they used for some scenes just killed me (in a good way).


I also had a lot of fun taking pictures today. I went grocery shopping, and while waiting for my bus to come at the station on the way back I got a few good shots I thought. I like taking those real close up shots of stuff, I always thought they looked cool. I wish it were easier to focus how I want on my camera, though, hah! Someday I'll get one of those fancy ones.

One of my friends from back home has one of those old school cameras where you have to manually focus everything.  As annoying as it might sound, it's actually a lot of fun playing around with it. I wouldn't want to use it everyday, certainly, but it definitely gets you more involved in the process and focused on taking pictures, rather than just point and click. If only we had film...

No comments:

Post a Comment